Online stores for UGG Boots
UGG Australia products are officially available for purchase only through authorized retailers. Since there are now many authorized online stores, we recommend to buy only there. Otherwise, the risk of falling for counterfeiters is very high.
Important: Websites that have the name "UGG" in the URL (with the exception of the UGG homepage www.uggaustralia.com or www.uggaustralia.de) are generally not authentic and are operated by merchants selling counterfeits.
Originalo purchase recommendation:
Trusted online stores for UGG include:
These stores offer you a wide selection of Ugg shoes at fair prices.
Update on Ugg safety features in 2017
UGG is in the process of changing its brand strategy since 2017. Specifically, the brand name is changing from "UGG Australia" to "UGG." This affects the products, packaging, signage, marketing materials and safety features.
Regarding the safety features, UGG issued the following statement to us:
[quote ]We have very recently changed our security features and the latest models now no longer all have the QR code in the inner label. Also is no longer all orders a Certificate of authenticity attached. Usually it is now on a Sticker on one of the shoes. Also our Cartons now have new features, including a sticker with rounded corners and a barcode with a red (and sometimes blue) narrow bar, as well as the additional Deckers sticker on London's Shaftesbury Avenue[/quote].
Accordingly, the security features described below are no longer necessarily applicable.
UGG safety features since autumn 2013
On original UGG shoes manufactured since the fall of 2013, the left shoe/boot has a Safety label sewn in and/or a Safety sticker glued on the shoe box.
With the security label, they can determine if your UGG product is genuine.
How to check if your UGG product is genuine
On the sewn-in safety label is a so-called QR code printed on it. This code is individual for each UGG shoe. To check if your shoe is genuine proceed as follows:
- Take your smartphone and open an app that allows you to scan QR codes. (You can find corresponding apps in your app store with the searcher "QR Code Scanner").
- Scan the security label
- A web page should open with the URL http://qr.uggaustralia.com/... that says: "Thank you. We Confirm that you have purchased authentic UGG product".
You should also see a picture of your Ugg boot as well as its name, model, color and size.
If the page does not open or you see a different shoe or incorrect information, please contact a UGG retailer, as it could be a fake.
Reflective UGG safety stripe
On the label, next to the QR code, there is a silver and reflective strip with a sun logo printed on it. If you move the label (tilt it 90°), then the color of the sun symbol and the background changes between light silver and dark silver.
Alternative positions of the safety label
If no safety label has been sewn in, please check
- Is there a safety label on the sole of the left shoe?
- For children's shoes, is the safety label affixed to an instruction leaflet?
UGG Security Features before fall 2013
Since autumn 2010 UGG boots and boots are marked with a safety label with hologram. An oval safety label can be found on the UGG carton.
There is also a square UGG safety label sewn into the shoe along with the size label and material content label.
Both security labels show sun logos. The color of the sun logos must change from black to white when you turn the sticker 90 degrees.
UGG Boots on eBay
Authorized UGG dealers are prohibited from selling on eBay. This means that UGG boots offered on eBay are sold unauthorized and could be counterfeit products.
Features of UGG fakes
Take a close look at your UGG shoes. If they have one or more of the following characteristics, they are most likely a brand fake:
- Originalo shoes are not sold in a canvas bag or a fabric bag
- Fake UGG boots come with a pendant or pendant chain.
- The heel of fake boots often looks crooked when viewed from behind
- The workmanship in UGG fakes is poor and the color of the stitching, or yarn is not identical to the color of the sheepskin leather.
- The UGG label on the boot heel is often crooked on fakes
- The country of manufacture is "Made in Zealand" or "Made in Australia" on the label in the shoe or on the box is indicated. But original UGGs products are made in China.
- Counterfeits are conspicuous by intense chemical odor (like glue)
- In counterfeits, the insole often has the same color as the fur. But in genuine UGG boots, the insole is always light beige regardless of the color of the fur.
UGG boots counterfeit video on the internet
The video shows you many important features by which you can recognize an original Ugg boot.
Please refer to our article on this topic: Blacklist of dubious UGG online stores.
Examples of Ugg Boots fakes